The successful candidate will eventually be responsible for managing the complete sales cycle including initial lead development and validation, proposal development, risk review, contract negotiation and closing.
The initial primary responsibility is active prospecting for leads, qualify opportunities and then learn/support the development process.
- Understand and solicit industrial water services to new and existing customers
- Preliminary sales activities include phone calls, meetings, document reviews, site evaluations and presentations
- Provide initial due diligence and decide if an opportunity exists
- Develop initial documents for opportunities and provide enough detail for management to authorize pursuing
- Develop budgetary and firm proposals with support from BD, operations and technical; present proposal to the customer, often in a team environment
- Facilitate the risk review process including developing the risk memo with support from internal disciplines, conducting risk calls and meetings, addressing concerns and documenting outcomes
- Develop and negotiate contract with support from legal and senior management
- Support post-contract execution and commercial issues as required
- Engineering or MBA or equivalent education plus experience
- 5-10+ years of industrial operations, preferably water and/or wastewater experience or technical support
- Process and operations knowledge in the specific industrial markets needed
- 5 years of sales or business development experience
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experiencewater, waste water, wastewaster, industrial water, treatment, sales, business development, lead generation, engineering, lead development, proposal, chemical, power, mining, cold call, operations
SPENCER OGDEN: THE AWARD-WINNING GLOBAL ENERGY, ENGINEERING AND INFRASTRUCTURE RECRUITMENT SPECIALISTS.
Spencer Ogden stands for the best in specialist, professional, proactive recruitment, working with skilled Energy, Infrastructure and Engineering professionals across the globe.
UNRIVALLED SERVICE IN EVERY SECTOR
Spencer Ogden represents clients and candidates at mid to senior levels which operate globally within:
• Oil & Gas
• Built Environment
Our client base includes major operators, utility providers, manufacturers, developers, research institutes, consultancies and international government bodies.